Saturday 1 December 2018

all FOs

Quiet on the blog, busy with the knitting.  Trying to carve out more knitting time and focusing on depleting the stash. 

Finished projects are almost all accessories:

Coastal walk by Joji Locatelli (Malabrigo Arroyo)
Sharman by Bristol Ivy - more like a shrug than an accessory but wears more like a shawl than a cardigan. 

Oldcastle Hat by Lisa Mutch (Malabrigo Mecha)

Tread Hat by Shannon Cook (Juniper Moon Stratus)


Lanes Cardigan by Joji Locatelli (Twilleys of Stamford Mist) - pattern is from Laine Magazine (No. 1), my favourite issue so far.  I've knit 2 items from it so far with a third ready to cast on.  All of the Laine patterns definitely match my aesthetic.  I find the muted colours, classic shapes, and natural fibres fit with what I want to knit right now.  More coming as I queue and cast on (next post?).

Trellis Mitts by Mari Muinonen (Briggs and Little Heritage)

Mittens are from Vogue Knitting, part of my "Then and Now" KAL - challenge was to pick a pattern from 2018 edition, and another from a decade prior (any issue with a year ending in '8').  These are my "then", coming from the Fall 2008 magazine. 

My "now" project is a four-colour shawl from the Fall 2018 issue.  It's knit in worsted weight and again I'm using yarn from stash (Cascade 220- black, Estelle Worsted - cranberry, Cornelia Hamilton worsted - gold, and Berroco Vintage - gray)

It's a lot of garter with a bit of lace and texture to break it up.  Easy knitting while watching tv!


Blogging seems a bit 'past' but I do like archiving the projects and my thoughts here.  May be to an audience of none, but I still have goals for the next few months.  December is here and as I think ahead I'd like to set more of a schedule so that I can get into a routine here. 

2 comments:

  1. An audience of one at least :) I'm enjoying seeing your FOs - I have a few to show soon as well - casting off and casting on Christmas presents at the minute. But my stash just seems to grow rather than go down.
    Really like your cardigan but I'm very disappointed in Laine in general - the patterns are gorgeous, but the wools they suggest are so expensive - way beyond my budget - I'll have to give them another chance after seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the wools are expensive and because I live in Canada, the exchange rate for the dollar plus the shipping makes them out of reach for me too! I always substitute with something much less expensive! I knit the cardigan with an alpaca/wool/nylon blend. I knit another pullover (Nuuk) with Cascade 220. Much more in my price range!

      Delete