Friday 15 March 2019

Midway through March

March Break (spring break) is almost done and I've been doing a fair amount of knitting.  Being home during the day leads to that!  I've finished my Without A Paddle Sweater in Berroco Vintage Chunky.  The shaping for the front is problematic (see my Ravelry Page for details) but I think I'll get a fair amount of wear out of it given the style and yarn choice.  Not too warm but still bulky, so I can wear this into late winter/early spring. 

Looks lovely on my mannequin, which is a decorating piece and not a dressmaking form so it gives the gist of what I've made but isn't a true representation.  You can see the 'bumps' from the turns on the side, just under the bust.  More traditional short rows would have been better here.  The original yarn is Canoe, which has alpaca content and a bit of a halo.   Perhaps with that finished fabric these stitches might blend in a bit more.  I chose not to afford to knit it in Canoe, so the fabric is more flat and shows this a bit more.  I do like how the decreases swirl for the yoke, and think I can press out the bumpy stitches.  The yarn has an acrylic content so blocking may not do it.

Socks and a new pullover are on the needles, but more to come when they're further along.

1 comment:

  1. After reading your Ravelry report, this seems to have been a good learning exercise regarding shaping. If anything, it reinforces the short row technique that you are familiar with.

    ReplyDelete