Monday 13 August 2018

Mid-point Motivation

Trying to motivate myself through the mid-point of my project.  I’m past the excitement of casting on, worked through the thinking part of learning the pattern/construction, but still too far away from the rush of being almost done...

So, determined not to cast on a new sweater til this one is closer to being finished but planning ahead so that I’ll have one ready to go.  I’m thinking of Magnolia from Laine Magazine Issue 4.  Instead of holding two strands (fingering and lace mohair) I will use some dk alpaca I’ve had in stash for a long time.  The gauge will work (I think) and the sweater is designed to be drapey with positive ease.

Alternatively, I could knit Joji Locatelli’s Lanes using the dk alpaca, as that’s what the pattern calls for.  Both are pictured below.... not sure which one will be next but either will motivate me to keep knitting the current WIP!

Magnolia:




No comments:

Post a Comment