Monday 22 January 2018

start with the end in mind - goals for 2018

I've started 2018 with projects that fit my goals for 2018.  I love setting goals, making plans, determining what I want to do over a longer period of time.   Some goals are quantifiable, others involve learning new skills and others connect to the quality of a handmade wardrobe:

1.  Improve colourwork skills (speed, quality of work) - I'm going to knit stranded mittens over the year as part of the Skeindeer Knits 2018 KAL.  My first pair are done, just need to be blocked a bit, Herati from Pompom Quarterly:


2.  Focus on using more colours in my garments and accessories - I'm knitting a Bindrune Cardigan from Pompom Quarterly using 3 colours of Lopi, to add more colour to my garments.   I'm also almost done Nuuk from Laine Volume 1 in an autumnal orange colour.  Up next will be #18 Broken Rib Pullover from Vogue Knitting in a dark mauve colour:




3.  Knit shawls and hats all year for gifts, to reduce the need to knit for others in November and December (ongoing goal).  I've started with Jodi Shawl and hope to knit the Tread Hat by Shannon Cook before I start my next pair of mittens.


None have firm deadlines except the holiday gift stash and my goal to knit a pair of mittens or a hat each month.  As usual, I hope to use the stash I already have for lots of things, and the patterns from books I've purchased.  Lofty goals perhaps, but I'm starting projects with these goals in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment