Sunday 18 May 2014

5KCBWDAY7 - looking forward

I didn't participate last year, mostly because my blog was more of an idea than an entity then.  I didn't have a purpose in mind, so posted infrequently.  This week has led me to realize that I enjoy sharing my thoughts and knitting here in the blog world in a way that I didn't think I would.  It's brought a sense of connection that I had not really realized I was seeking.  So I thank Eskimimi for launching this year's event, and am grateful for all who came to see what I posted.  More importantly, I appreciate the time and effort others put into their writing... inspiration abounds!

My non-knitting life is full of timelines and deadlines.  I have, aside from a few gift knits, deliberately avoided committing to 12 in a year or a certain set of items to complete.  Instead, knitting will remain the one element of my life that will 'get done when it's done'.

Likewise, I love reading blogs with daily themes or weekly topics... but don't want to set those kinds of deadlines here.  This week has been fun, and I'm inspired to post more and to comment on others' writing more often, but don't want to make my creative outlet 'work'.

So in a world full of timelines, deadlines, and finish lines my goal is to stay my own course and see what comes in the year ahead.

4 comments:

  1. Your readership is up by one more, too! Looking forward to keeping up with your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
    I do not know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!


    my page; how to grow taller at 13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you about deadlines...

    ReplyDelete