Thursday 2 January 2014

Queued up... Plaids and Checks and Houndstooth... oh my!

Trends in fashion, aside from orchid colour, seem to be plaids, checks, and other graphic prints.  I'm going to make a few projects:

Bucheron Mitts from Interweave Knits Winter 2014:
picture from Ravelry:  http://images4-b.ravelrycache.com/uploads/hannahrbaker/190833403/20130828_intw_knits_1341_small_best_fit.jpg

Mine will be in Lett-Lopi yarn (wooly and scratchy and Icelandic!)


Also making a mashup of patterns, using the Hollywood Herringbone Pullover pattern for its fit and shaping, in gray and purple houndstooth.  I swatched a bit of herringbone and a repeat of houndstooth:

Top is my swatch, bottom is the original pattern (taken with my camera - my copy of the magazine).  Using the trendy Purple (see post on Pantone colours!) and the trendy houndstooth.  Let's hope I finish it in time to be on trend still!

No comments:

Post a Comment