Friday 3 August 2012

tangerine dream

This cardigan is already shaping up to be a keeper.  I'm further along that would appear (just one sleeve to go) but don't have updated photos yet.  The yarn is a wool-bamboo blend and the pattern is an incredibly well designed and well written cardigan by Thea Coleman (aka: babycocktails) called Vodka Lemonade.  I will definitely be making more of her patterns - already have a few in mind for the fall.  I've made the body and sleeves longer and will wear it with no buttons as designed.  Should be a perfect back to school sweater this fall. 

Tangerine Tango is the colour of the year, according to the wise people over at Pantone:
Source:  April Meeks via Flickr

So I will be right on trend!  I picked the colour of the yarn to break out of my 'neutrals' mode, not because "they" told me to, but it is a happy coincidence.  Now, off to finish that second sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment